Each family is asked to complete the annual Mercy Fund Commitment Form! On the form you can indicate if you’d like to make your gift – one time, recurring or through a gift of stock. If you choose, you may make an online gift today rather than sending in the pledge form. For those choosing recurring gifts, you may do this via credit card, direct debit from your bank or by check. Gifts pledged today are payable by June 30, 2019.
We are asking every family to make a tax-deductible commitment to The Mercy Fund, as your first show of support. The Mercy Fund is the school’s program for unrestricted annual giving. It is the vehicle by which alumnae, parents, parents of alumnae, grandparents, faculty, staff, and friends provide financial support to help keep Mercy strong. Contributions to The Mercy Fund support the 2018-19 operating budget.
WHAT WILL YOUR GIFT FUND?
The Mercy Fund gifts are directed where they are needed most, including:
- Academics: Enhanced Academic programs and technology
- Student Life: Supports campus ministry, leadership, athletics, visual and performing arts, service learning, clubs, and a wide range of student life opportunities
- Faculty and Staff: Provides competitive salaries and professional development opportunities to our exceptional faculty and staff
Many companies offer matching gift benefits to their employees, doubling the value of their charitable contributions. These donations make a critical difference for Mercy.
Before you make your gift to Mercy, please click and check in the matching gift company search — or check with your company's human resources or benefits office—to see if your employer has a corporate matching gift program that will make your support go twice as far.
To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please click here
If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to Mercy High School may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
Thank you for your generosity in considering a gift of stock. When you donate stock, you avoid capital gains tax on your stock investment. The following are helpful tips for making your contribution of gifts of Securities to Mercy High School Burlingame (MHSB):
Stock Transfer Transmittal Information
- MHSB utilizes Direct Transmittal between brokerage accounts.
- Please notify MHSB of your intention to transfer a gift of stock, by emailing or calling Mary Lund or Carol Fraher at 650.762.1190.
- For DTC eligible securities, please instruct your broker in writing to transfer securities to:
Account # 6233-2378
Mercy High School Burlingame
- Please also send or email a copy of your letter to MHSB and instruct your broker to FAX a copy of your letter of instruction to Mary Lund or Carol Fraher at (650) 343-2975 so we can properly identify and credit the donor when the stock transfer takes place (click here to see a sample DTC letter) .
- An acknowledgement letter will be mailed to you from MHSB.
Your support directly benefits our students who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
Thanks again for your generosity,
Director of Advancement
650.762.1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your contribution gives us the means to ignite the hearts of our students, shaping them to become Mercy women of faith in pursuit of academic excellence.
- Mercy looks to philanthropic contributions to fund a portion of the operating budget.
- We rely on The Mercy Fund instead of making tuition higher.
- Your contribution makes a direct impact.
- All Academic & Student Life Programs benefit from The Mercy Fund.
- A great education is made by the dedication of great teachers.
- Every gift matters.
Mercy does not receive any federal or state funding. Each year, the actual cost of a Mercy education exceeds tuition. In order to deliver the strong college preparatory programs that Mercy is known for, the school relies upon your charitable support. The Mercy Fund is the cornerstone of this support.
All gifts large and small make a collective impact which benefits each and every student at Mercy. Achieving 100% participation builds community, identifies solidarity, and often inspires significant additional gifts. Mercy is an economically diverse community and each family is asked to thoughtfully consider a gift that will be personally meaningful. We strongly encourage those families with financial capacity to consider their gift to $5,000 or above.
Gifts of any size are 100% tax deductible.