Friends of Mercy
The Mercy Fund is the cornerstone of Mercy’s fundraising efforts, used exclusively to fill the gap between tuition and the total cost of education. Your gift provides students with centrifuges for the science lab, rallies on the green, robotics equipment, and inspirational teachers that dare girls to dream.
WHAT WILL YOUR GIFT FUND?
The Mercy Fund gifts are directed where they are needed most, including:
- Academics: Enhanced Academic programs and technology
- Student Life: Supports campus ministry, leadership, athletics, visual and performing arts, service learning, clubs, and a wide range of student life opportunities
- Faculty and Staff: Provides competitive salaries and professional development opportunities to our exceptional faculty and staff
Many companies offer matching gift benefits to their employees, doubling the value of their charitable contributions. These donations make a critical difference for Mercy.
Before you make your gift to Mercy, please click and check in the matching gift company search — or check with your company's human resources or benefits office—to see if your employer has a corporate matching gift program that will make your support go twice as far.
To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please click here
If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to Mercy High School may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
Thank you for your generosity in considering a gift of stock. When you donate stock, you avoid capital gains tax on your stock investment. The following are helpful tips for making your contribution of gifts of Securities to Mercy High School Burlingame (MHSB):
Stock Transfer Transmittal Information
- MHSB utilizes Direct Transmittal between brokerage accounts.
- Please notify MHSB of your intention to transfer a gift of stock, by emailing or calling Mary Lund or Carol Fraher at 650.762.1190.
- For DTC eligible securities, please instruct your broker in writing to transfer securities to:
Account # 6233-2378
Mercy High School Burlingame
- Please also send or email a copy of your letter to MHSB and instruct your broker to FAX a copy of your letter of instruction to Mary Lund or Carol Fraher at (650) 343-2975 so we can properly identify and credit the donor when the stock transfer takes place (click here to see a sample DTC letter) .
- An acknowledgement letter will be mailed to you from MHSB.
Your support directly benefits our students who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
Thanks again for your generosity,
Director of Advancement
650.762.1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Advancement Director
Annual Giving and
Donor Stewardship Manager
Jamila Sinlao Zanette '04
Alumnae Relations Manager