Making a Difference Scholarship Benefit
Join us on April 29th at 6:55 pm, right here on this page, for our Live Stream event!
We will start right at 7:00! Join us early so you don't miss out!
Mercy’s Annual Benefit for Student Tuition Assistance
The Making A Difference Scholarship Benefit has unlocked the opportunity of a Mercy education for hundreds of Mercy girls and families over the past 17 years. Mercy provides an equitable and inclusive environment where each student can learn, grow, and thrive, preparing them for college and future career success.
In alignment with our mission of providing an all-girls Catholic college preparatory education, tuition assistance ensures that Mercy is accessible to all aspiring young women of diverse religious, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
We are grateful to our Board of Directors for underwriting this event so that every dollar donated to Making A Difference directly supports a Mercy student on tuition assistance.
Why support students through tuition assistance?
- Mercy tuition for 2020-21 is $24,155.
- 45% of Mercy's 419 students receive need-based financial aid ranging from $2,500 to $18,500 during this school year; these students would not be able to attend Mercy without financial assistance. Mercy students re-apply for aid annually.
- Making A Difference makes up 15% of the financial aid budget; each gift is matched by 85% of other funding in order to make the most impact and help the greatest number of students.
- Mercy partners with foundations, corporations and nonprofits in order to support very low income families.
- The generosity of our alumnae, alumnae parents, families and friends is deeply appreciated.
- Mercy awarded nearly $2 million in financial support in FY 21.
- Making A Difference has raised and awarded $3,045,000 in aid since its inception in 2004.
The generosity of our alumnae, alumnae parents, families and friends is deeply appreciated.
We invite you to partner with us this year as a Making A Difference sponsor. To make your contribution online, please click below.
- $25,000+ Catherine McAuley
Provides a $5,000 award to five students
Provides a $2,000 award to five students
Provides a $1,000 award to five students
Provides a $500 award to five students
Provides a $500 award to three students
$600+ Blue & White
$150+ Friend of Mercy
Donations of all amounts are deeply appreciated
All Sponsors will receive recognition on Mercy’s website and publications.
For additional information, please contact Mary Lund, Director of Advancement
at 650-762-1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercy's Tax I.D.. #94-1230999