Make A Gift
We offer many ways to give!
Thank you for furthering the mission of Mercy High School.
- Credit Card and Direct Debit (One-time Gifts and Pledges)
- Mercy Parent Annual Fund Commitment Form to Pledge Now and Pay Later
- Donor Advised Funds (DAFs)
- Appreciated Stock
- Electronic Fund Transfer
- IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)
- Matching Gifts
- Shop for Mercy
- Mercy Mass Program
- New Panel
Donor-Advised Fund Gifts
Mary Mercy parents, alumnae, parents of alumnae, and friends have recommended grants through their Donor-Advised Funds (DAF) to support the school's fundrasing initiatives. Clients of Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, and BNY Mellon can easily make a designation through the DAF Direct window on this page.
Mercy High School Burlingame’s tax I.D. number is 94-1230999.
For more information, please Mary Lund, Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.762.1191.
Thank you for your generosity in considering a gift of stock. When you donate stock, you avoid capital gains tax on your stock investment. The following are helpful tips for making your contribution of gifts of Securities to Mercy High School Burlingame (MHSB):
Stock Transfer Transmittal Information
- MHSB utilizes Direct Transmittal between brokerage accounts.
- Please notify MHSB of your intention to transfer a gift of stock, by emailing or calling Mary Lund or Carol Fraher at 650.762.1190.
- For DTC eligible securities, please instruct your broker in writing to transfer securities to:
Account # 6233-2378
Mercy High School Burlingame
- Please also send or email a copy of your letter to MHSB and instruct your broker to FAX a copy of your letter of instruction to Mary Lund or Carol Fraher to the Main Office fax (650) 343-2316 so we can properly identify and credit the donor when the stock transfer takes place (click here to see a sample DTC letter) .
- An acknowledgement letter will be mailed to you from MHSB.
Your support directly benefits our students who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
Thanks again for your generosity,
Director of Advancement
650.762.1190 or email@example.com
IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)
The IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (formerly known as “charitable rollover”) provides an excellent opportunity to make gifts to Mercy High School without incurring income taxes today or estate tax in the future.
You must be age 70½ or older on the date of the gift.
Transfers must be made directly from a traditional or Roth IRA account by your IRA administrator to Mercy High School.
Funds that are withdrawn by you and then contributed do not qualify.
Gifts from 401k, 403b, SEP and other plans do not qualify.
Gifts must be outright.
Distributions for life-income arrangements such as charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts are not allowed.
A QCD can be used to satisfy a pledge or for a donor-designated use.
How to Make a Qualified Charitable Distribution to Mercy
1) Contact the Advancement Office to ensure that we have your name in our database exactly as you have it on your tax records. Mercy will update your records as needed.
2) Discuss with the Advancement Director Mary Lund, 650-762-1191, or Assistant Director of Advancement Carol Fraher at 650.762-1192 your intent to make a distribution so that we can work together on your gift, discuss what your gift will support (where needed most, tuition assistance, endowment etc) and then work together with our Finance Department to watch for the Distribution. Contact your Financial Advisor to determine if this is the right charitable gift for you. Mercy does not provide any professional financial advice or recommendations.
3) Contact your IRA Administrator. There are two ways to send the gift: by check or by electronic funds transfer (this is often preferred). Below is a sample letter to email your administrator if they are sending a check. Mercy’s Tax ID number is 94-1230999.
Mercy High School
2750 Adeline Drive
Burlingame CA 94010
Electronic Funds Transfer:
Routing Transfer Number
Boston Private Bank
160 Bovet Road
San Mateo, CA 94402
Beneficiary Account Name:
Mercy High School
Sample Letter to your IRA Administrator
Name of IRA Administrator
IRA Administrator Address
RE: Request for Charitable Distribution from IRA
Dear IRA Administrator,
Please accept this letter as my request to make a direct charitable distribution from my Individual Retirement Account # ______________________ as provided in Section 408(d)(8) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
Please issue a check in the amount of $___________ payable to Mercy High School and mail it to:
Mercy High School
2750 Adeline Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
In your transmission to Mercy, please include my name and address as the donor of record in connection with this distribution and indicate that this distribution should be used to support (where needed most, tuition assistance, endowment etc). Please copy me on your transmittal.
It is my intention that this distribution qualify for exclusion from my taxable income as a qualified charitable distribution during the 2021 tax year. Therefore, it is imperative that this distribution be delivered to Mercy no later than December 31, 20xx. For your reference, Mercy’s Tax ID number is 94-1230999.
If you have any questions or need to contact me, I can be reached at _______.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Full name as you use on your IRS
City state zip
The above information is based on IRS regulations as of 11.8.21; any changes in IRS regulations would apply.
Many companies offer matching gift benefits to their employees, doubling the value of their charitable contributions. These donations make a critical difference for Mercy.
Before you make your gift to Mercy, please click and check in the matching gift company search — or check with your company's human resources or benefits office—to see if your employer has a corporate matching gift program that will make your support go twice as far.
Give back to Mercy every time you shop!
We work with retailers to seamlessly benefit Mercy each time you shop in-store or online at no additional cost to you! Check out the many options to find the best method for you to give back to Mercy.
There are many occasions when you want to remember someone special in your life: funerals, illnesses, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and other special moments. The Mercy Mass Program gives you the opportunity to let friends and relatives know that they are in your prayers. It also gives the Mercy High School community the chance to join with you in praying for your special intentions.
Remembrance in a Mercy Mass is a perfect way to show your love for those people who have played a special role in your life.
When contributions are made, the name of the person to be remembered or honored is enrolled in our Mass book which is placed on the altar at our student body Masses during the year. If you would like an acknowledgement card sent, please be sure to include the name and address of whom you would like to receive the card. There is no specific contribution amount requested for participation.
You may make an online of any amount, to the Mercy Mass Program, or mail your gift, along with the name of the person to be honored or remembered as well as the name and address of anyone you would like to receive.
We will keep you in our prayers and ask that you also pray for the Mercy community. God bless you.
Please contact the Advancement at 650.762.1190 if you have any questions.