all school information
*Important Dates for 2016-17 Beginning of School
Aug 15-18: 9 a.m. College Boot Camp – Required for all seniors
Aug. 15: 9:30 a.m. - Link Crew Training
Aug. 19: 8:30 a.m. - Freshman Orientation
Aug. 19: 9 a.m. - Transfer Student Orientation
Aug. 22: 8:30 a.m. - Freshmen and Junior Full Uniform Orientation Day
Aug. 22: 12:30 p.m. - Sophomore and Senior Full Uniform Orientation Day
Aug. 23: First Day of School; Tri-School Classes Begin
Aug. 25: 6:30 p.m. Freshmen Parent Orientation
*Undergraduate Awards Program
Click HERE for the Undergraduate Awards Program which lists student names and awards that were given on May16, 2016.
*Senior Awards Program
Click HERE for the Senior Awards Program which lists student names and awards that were given on May 24, 2016.
Transportation for 2016/2017
San Francisco and points north: The Mercy van currently stops at the Peets on Sloat, Westlake Shopping Center and the Starbucks at El Camino and Sneath Lane (across from Tanforan). We would like to continue this morning only service and need at least six students to make this work. Cost for next year will be $800 per student.
Half Moon Bay and Pacifica: We would like to begin a morning-only pick-up service from Half Moon Bay (pick up at Routes 1 and 92) and Pacifica (pick up Route 1 near Clarendon shopping area). Possible stop in Montara, if there is interest. An additional stop in Pacifica, if there is interest. Cost for the year would be $1,000.
Points south of San Mateo: Some families have expressed interest in a van run from Redwood City north to Mercy. The van would make stops along El Camino in Redwood City, San Carlos, Belmont and south San Mateo. Cost is estimated at $800 per student and we would need at least six students. This, again, is morning only pick-up.
If you are interested in any of these transportation services please email Lynn Beal at email@example.com by June 1, 2016. A 50% deposit will be due for transportation by June 30, 2016.
- All Mercy library books borrowed during the year are due back by the end of this week (May 20). This will allow for a complete inventory of the library collection.
- Checkouts for the summer begin during collaboration on May 20 for juniors, sophomores and freshmen. The girls may borrow up to 4 books for the summer break. Please keep careful track of these, as any lost books will have to be replaced.
- The Mercy library summer reading challenge begins on May 20. Read three or more books just for the fun of it and join us for a pizza party in the library in the first two weeks of school to celebrate. A suggested reading list, and the form to be filled out will be available on Schoology.
- All students, including seniors will have access to Mercy's online library of books - Overdrive - throughout the summer. Instructions to access are available through the library tab under "academics" on the website.
- The library is very grateful for donations of books or audio-books as you clear out rooms and bookshelves over the summer. We cannot, however, accept items which have been written in (Subject practice test books, or annotated text books for example), items in poor physical condition, or anything unappealing to high school girls.
Donate back Used Uniforms... Do you have any Mercy uniforms around your house that your daughter doesn’t need anymore? Please drop them by the Main Office and we’ll offer them to other Mercy students at our upcoming Used Uniform Sales! We’ll take skirts, polos, sweaters, sweatshirts, pants, vests, shorts, etc!
The MPC sponsored Used Uniform Sale dates and times are:
- Monday June, 13th 4-6pm
- Tues. June, 14th 8:30am-12 noon
- Wed. June 15th 11:00am-3:00pm
Students and parents, if you are planning to take a summer school class to ADVANCE (not remediate), you must send your counselor proof of registration for this course as soon as possible.
We also need to receive the transcript from the online or summer school by Aug. 1 (or contact Mrs. Conklin if you are unable to send it by then) in order to register you for the advanced class in the fall. If we do not have this information we will be unable to schedule you for the class in the fall and you will need to take that class at Mercy. Click HERE for The Summer School Request form.
Click HERE for the Summer School Course Catalog. Classes are available for advancement and remediation. Please sign up early so we can ensure that we have enough classes available. Your daughter should fill out the Summer School Request Form so that her schedule in the fall is accurate.
mercy parent club
*Ushers Needed for Graduation on Sunday, June 5th - We need volunteers for graduation, please let me know if you can help! Parents are needed from 12:30pm – 3:30pm on Sunday June 5, 2016 at St. Ignatius Church in San Francisco. This is a great way for underclass parents to get a sneak peak at what graduation will be like for your daughter. Please use the sign up genius link below or email Jennifer Munsey at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Mercy Graduation Volunteer Sign up
*Parking Permit Requests for the Class of 2017
are now available in the Main Office.
The requirements are as follows:
1. Form must be completed and signed by student AND parent.
2. Copy of Driver's License must be attached.
3. Fee of $100 (please make checks payable to Mercy High School)
Please bring all required paperwork and fee to Mrs. Folan in the Main Office.
* Rising Seniors: You will have the rest of the school year and one week at the beginning of next school year to get parking permits. Following that time parking will be opened to Rising Juniors. Questions? Please Email Mrs. Folan at email@example.com
Mass & Brunch Photos
Click HERE or visit the MEDIA GALLERY on the Today at Mercy page of our website to view photos from the Mother-Daugther Senior Mass & Brunch.
Senior Pinning Photos
Click HERE or visit the MEDIA GALLERY on the Today at Mercy page of our website to view photos from the Senior Pinning ceremony.
Please click HERE for Important 2016 Graduation Information.
Year of Mercy events
Calling all Mercy Artists!
Year of Mercy Event:
Mercy Art Exhibit
We are looking for Mercy Artists to submit their artwork to an art exhibit celebrating The Year of Mercy. The theme of the submissions is Mercy. The Art Exhibit will be held at Mercy Center, Burlingame from July 1, 2016 - August 31, 2016. Submissions due by June 1, 2016. All those interested should contact Angie Simonetti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Research Opportunity through
Ecology Project International
Join us for a trip to the Galapagos Islands to explore their unique biodiversity! There's no better laboratory for conservation and biology field studies! From the waters teeming with species found only here, to the highlands inhabited by giant tortoises, you'll work to understand and protect this fragile ecosystem. We will be working behind the scenes at the Darwin Research Center, collecting data on the baby tortoises, snorkeling around various islands, and helping to clear out invasive species. Students will receive 20 core service hours. The trip will be from July 10 – 21, 2017. Details can be found by clicking HERE. Parents and alums are welcome to attend! Please contact Jennifer Lambdin, email@example.com, if you have questions. Here are some photos from our 2012 trip!
Secure your spot for ICELAND!!! Initial payment to secure a spot is $200 and is due on May 23rd. Please make checks out to Mercy High School, put the student's name on the memo line as well as ICELAND. Turn in to Dr. Bradley in room 104R. For more info email Dr. Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Iceland Spring 2017
Parents and Students interested in going to ICELAND: Read about the trip below and in the attached itinerary. We will be going for 5 days during Spring break (April 15-20, 2017) at a cost of approximately $2400. We need to have at least 20 students interested for this trip to happen. Iceland: Fire & Ice | Reykjavik & The Westman Islands, Iceland 5-days / 4-nights in destination This picturesque island contains some of the most impressive natural wonders found anywhere in the world. Spectacular phenomena include smoldering volcanoes, slow-flowing glaciers, extruding lava, gushing geysers, bubbling mud pots, soothing thermal pools and, in the darkness of winter, the magical northern lights. With a focus on volcanology and geothermal science, we’ll uncover geysers, glaciers, thermal pools, waterfalls, wildlife and more as we soak up the Viking history that dominates this awesome place. Click HERE for itinerary.
G’Day Mates - Fancy a snuggle with a Koala? Ever want to box a kangaroo? Maybe we will all just have our feet waxed in Hobbiton. If this sounds like your type of trip then throw a shrimp on the barby and grab your suitcases for our 2017 VPA trip down under to both Australia and Zealand. During this 15 day trip we will immerse ourselves in art by seeing a musical/ballet or opera at the world famous Opera House and explore the architectural marvels like the skyline Gondolas and the town of Hobbiton from the acclaimed series “The Lord of the Rings”.For more information contact Gary Ferguson email@example.com or visit http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1812821VB?utm_source=link&utm_medium=RC&utm_campaign=sharetrip
Music Festival in Dublin Ireland 2017 - For all Mercy girls who plan or are hoping to be in Mercy Chorales during the 2016-2017 school year! We are planning an amazing trip to Ireland! This will be in June, 2017 and of course recent graduates will be invited to participate! We will be participating in a Music Festival in Dublin, Ireland with participants potentially from all over the world and the festival will be hosted by the renowned educator and composer, Henry Leck. This is a rare and wonderful opportunity and we think that aside from performing programs and seeing the sights we will get to visit Baggot Street, where Catherine McAuley began the Sisters of Mercy. I will be sharing more about our plans...but in the meantime, don't hesitate to get in touch with me! Mrs. Matthews firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The Mercy Spring Sports Awards was held last night. Congratulations to the following girls for receiving WBAL all-league status:
Lacrosse- Shannon Grady, Mariah Pechina,
Softball- Erin Dougherty, Kaylyn Sterling
Swimming- Sijin “Teresa” Tang
Track and Field- Teme Fanguna
Lacrosse- Katia Ajam, Louise Hardiman, Kathleen Napier
Softball- Amber Abugharbieh, Alexis Luciano
Track and Field- Catherine Nguyen
Lacrosse- Megan Becken
Softball- Kesaia Langi
Swimming- Kaitlyn Michaud
Track and Field- Gabby Stanton-Fischer
- A comprehensive conditioning program has been put together during the summer months for all athletes. Conditioning sessions will take place at Mercy on June 14, 16,17,21,23,24,28,30. July 1,5,7,8,12,14,15 from 9-11am. The sessions will be conducted by track coach Sunny Diaz who is also physical education teacher and personal trainer. Meet by pond area near mansion
- In addition, we will be offering conditioning sessions on June 20,22,27,29, July 11,13,18,20 Aug 1, 3,8,10 with a choice of 3-4pm or 4-5pm. These sessions will also be held at Mercy. They will be conducted by trainers from Pacific Therx, a group that Mercy contracts with to provide medical coverage at our home games/matches. Meet by pond area near the mansion.
*Summer Open Gyms
- Our volleyball program will be holding open gyms this summer. Any girl who is interested in playing volleyball is encouraged to attend on June 14, 21, and 28 at Our Lady of Angel’s gym. In addition, there will be open gym sessions on July 12 and 19 at St Catherine’s gym. Each session is from 7-9pm.
- Basketball will be holding open gym sessions at Our Lady of Angels on June 15, 22, 29 and July 6 at Our Lady of Angel’s gym and July 13 and 20 at St Catherine’s. Each session is 7-9pm. All basketball players are encouraged to attend.
Any questions concerning the conditioning sessions or open gyms can be answered by Athletic Director Charlie Dougherty. email@example.com
If you ever have any concerns/comments, please feel free to contact me, Charlie Dougherty, Athletic Director at anytime. I can be reached at my office at Mercy at 650-762-1107 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I am looking forward to a great Spring 2016 with Mercy athletics.
Be a host
Host an International Student
Looking to share an international experience with your family without leaving the comfort of your home? Open your home to an international student and receive a monthly stipend of $1500! We’ve partnered with gphomestay and together, we are looking for caring host families for the FALL 2016 semester. Visit www.gphomestay.com for more information on how you can benefit from this cross-cultural experience. Contact email@example.com or click here to fill out a Host Inquiry Form. Click here for flyer.
Lunch Order Form - to save time, students may fill out this form and drop off at the Cafeteria in the morning. Please Visit the cafeteria for our NEW and improved daily salad selections
Thursday, 5/26: BBQ Chicken with Mash Potatoes and Corn
*CAFETERIA SERVICE DURING FINALS:
- The Cafeteria will be opened between 7:AM and 11:30 AM during Finals on Friday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- We will not be opened on Thursday as it is one final only.
- Please make sure to pre-order for pick up no later than 11:30
- we will be serving our normal menu with No hot meal
- Sandwiches, wraps, Salads can be pre=ordered
Musc at Kohl
MUSIC AT KOHL
We begin our season again on October 16 - anyone interested in joining us, please let me know and I will put your name on my email list for each concert. Volunteer duties involve front of house of distributing programs, taking tickets, ushering and reception preparation. You have an opportunity to enjoy part of the concert, or just enjoy time with the other volunteers. Mercy and Serra students are invited to participate and will receive community service credit.
Also, anyone who is interested in helping in our office with our resubscription mailing (stuffing envelopes) during the summer break, sometime in June, please let me know and I can contact you.
Thanks also to all our volunteers this entire season. We could not successfully present our concerts without the Mercy and Serra community!
Program Administrator, Music at Kohl Mansion