This year marks the 25th Anniversary of Mercy’s student-led fundraiser!
So much of the Mercy student experience is made possible by Mercy’s one and only student-led fundraiser, a longstanding tradition of students supporting students. This year’s fundraiser, Mercy-A-Thon 2019 (formerly the Dance-A-Thon, Bowl-A-Thon, and Walk-A-Thon), will be a 5-week campaign during the months of August and September, with a student celebration day on September 24th at Sky High Sports in Burlingame!
The proceeds from Mercy-A-Thon support Student Life programs, Athletics and Campus ministry. See below for more details on historical projects.
This year our goal is $75,000 to make this possible!
The student fundraiser will be managed through the support of eTeamSponsor, an online crowdfunding platform. All students will receive instructions on how to create their fundraising campaign on eTeamSponsor and how to manage their fundraising through this program.
The student fundraiser will launch on Monday, August 26th, 2019. All students are required to participate.
Let’s have a great fundraiser, Mercy! This 25 year-old tradition has made many memorable moments at Mercy possible! For questions please contact Amaré Silva firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where does the money go?
- What is the fundraising goal for each student?
- When is the Mercy-A-Thon Student Celebration Day?
- Is participation in Mercy-A-Thon mandatory?
- How do I get started?
- How do I sponsor a student?
Money raised during Mercy-A-Thon directly benefits the students at Mercy by supporting the Student Life programs, Athletics and Campus Ministry.
Historically, the student fundraiser has helped fund various projects including:
- Freshman and Sophomore Retreats
- Renovation of the Cafeteria
- Portable water stations in the cafeteria and wing
- 3-D Printers and “Tinker Space” in the Library
- Technology upgrades
- Upgrade of the Biology Lab in the Wing
- Laptop computers in the library
- Renovation of the Library to include the AMES and Resource Center
- Athletic participation (many schools charge a fee to play each sport)
- School-led service projects such as St. Anthony’s Dining Room, the school’s garden and more
- Yearbooks (no cost to students)
- Subsidizing of Kairos and Urban Plunge
In order to reach our goal of $75,000, our equitable goal for each girl is $300 with incentives at multiple fundraising levels. This is an opportunity for students to learn entrepreneurship and develop a culture of philanthropy. By reaching out to friends and family for support of $5 and $10 or more, girls can take ownership of a fundraising effort that supports programs that they directly benefit from. Together we will achieve our goal!
The Mercy-A-Thon Student Celebration Day will be held on Tuesday, September 24th at Sky High in Burlingame. The address is 1524 Rollins Rd, Burlingame, CA 94010. Students will enjoy a fun celebration with their classmates at the following times:
Freshman Class: 8:30am - 9:30am
Sophomore Class: 9:30am - 10:30am
Junior Class: 10:30am - 11:30am
Senior Class: 11:30am - 12:30pm
Students will receive instructions on how to create and log into their eTeamSponsor campaign and will be assisted during Advisory on August 30th*.
*If a student has a planned absence on this date please contact email@example.com for assistance with campaign login.
Once the student has created their fundraising page on eTeamSponsor they can share it via email or social media to their networks. Online sponsorships are highly encouraged, but if a student receives cash or a check written out to eSponsor Now Inc. they may submit it to the Main office with a completed check form (must include the donor’s email address to tax write-off).
What are the different levels of fundraising incentives?
- $75 or more by September 23rd– The minimum to participate in Mercy-A-Thon due by September 23rd. Students who do not raise a minimum of $75 by this date will be expected to be on campus during the student celebration, September 24th, at a designated location.
Early Bird Sept. 6th: On September 6th, students who have raised $75 or more will have free dress September 9th - 23rd.
Early bird Sept. 13th: On September 13th, students who have raised $75 or more will have free dress September 16th - 23rd.
- $185 or more by September 30th- Student earn either Winter Formal (Freshman/Sophomores) or Prom Day off (Junior/Seniors)
- $300 or more by September 30th- In addition to earning Winter Formal or Prom Day off, students will be entered in a drawing for Winter Formal or Prom Tickets. We will pull one name for each grade on Friday, October 4th.
- 1st place - The student with the highest sponsorship amount receives a $150 gift certificate
- 2nd place - The student with the 2nd highest sponsorship amount receives a $100 gift certificate
- The student with the most sponsors receives a $100 gift certificate
- The Advisory with the Top Fundraising Amount will receive $200 and may choose how they would like to use their prize money that academic year (pizza party, t-shirts, donations to the school or a Mercy charity, or the prize money can be split amongst the student)
- First Advisory with 100% participation (of $75 minimum) will receive $200
Thank you for your continued support! If you have any questions please contact Amaré Silva, firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Aug. 26
Friday, Aug. 30th
Student eTeam campaign page set up due
Friday, September 6th & 13th
Early Bird Deadlines
Tuesday, September 24th
Mercy-A-Thon Celebration Day at Sky High
Monday, September 30th