Summer Athletic Programs
Strength and Conditioning Sessions
All athletes who will be participating in a fall sport should utilize the Strength and Conditioning Sessions in order to be properly prepared for their tryouts/practices. All sports and levels are encouraged and welcome! Bring water, wear appropriate athletic shoes and clothing, and meet in the Weight Room in the Grassilli Center.
*All athletes must show athletic clearance prior to the start of the sessions. Incoming freshman must provide a copy of their completed Mercy Pre-Participation Physical Exam to her first strength & conditioning session in order to participate.
Contact Keri Sotak email@example.com for more information or questions.
There will be sessions available Monday-Thursday all summer with some exceptions.
- Meet at the Grassilli Center on the following Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 1-2pm or 2-3pm.
- June 10th,12th,13th,17th,19th,20th
- July 1st,3rd,8th,10th,11th,15th,17th,18th,22nd,24th, 25th
- Aug 5th,7th 8th
- Meet on the following Tuesdays from either 2-3pm or 3-4pm.
- June 11th,18th
- July 2nd,9th,16th, 23th
- Aug 6th
Basketball Open Gym
Skill Development on the following Thursday nights, 6-8pm:
- June 13th,20th,27th at Our Lady of Angels Gym in Burlingame
- July 11th,18th at St. Catherine’s Gym in Burlingame
- July 25th at St. Gregory Gym in San Mateo
Saturday runs with the Cross Country Coaches. Meet at Sawyer Camp Trail at the Black Mountain Road entrance on the following Saturdays at 9am:
- June 15th,22nd,29th
- July 6th,13th
- August 10th
Skill Development: Meet at San Bruno Golf Center on the following Wednesdays, 3:30-4:45pm:
- June 12th,19th,26th
- July 3rd,10th,17th,24th
Coach Riaz has a summer skill development program through his RS Tennis Academy. He will offer complimentary spots for the sessions to any enrolled Mercy student. Call Coach Riaz 650-678-1448 directly to reserve a spot.
- June 17-August 9 1:30:-4:30pm at San Mateo High Tennis Courts
Volleyball Open Gym
Skill Development on the following Monday and Wednesday nights, 6-8pm:
- June 10th,12th,17th,19th,24th,26th and July 1st at Our Lady of Angels Gym in Burlingame
- July 8th,10th,15th,17th at St Catherine's Gym in Burlingame
- July 22nd,24th at St. Gregory Gym in San Mateo
Volleyball Tryouts will be Aug 9th,12th and 13th at Serra High School in San Mateo. Freshman Tryouts 4-6pm, Returning players: 6:30-8:30pm.
***Any volleyball player missing any portion of the tryouts will not be placed on a team.
Skill Development and Conditioning: Meet at the Mercy Pool on the following Mondays and Wednesdays, 9-10:30am:
- June 10th,12th,17th,19th,24th,26th
- July 1st,3rd,8th,10th,15th,17th,22nd,24th
Tryouts and Practices:
Cross Country, Golf, Tennis and Water Polo will start practice/tryouts on August 14. All athletes who want to play these sports are expected to attend.
- Cross Country will all hold practices at Mercy starting on August 14, 3-5pm
- Golf will be holding their practices at San Bruno Golf Center starting on August 14, 3-4:30pm
- Tennis will all hold tryouts/practice at Mercy starting on August 14, 3-5pm
- Water Polo will be holding their tryouts/practice at Mercy starting on August 14, 9-11am. Sessions will be 3-5pm beginning on August 19.
For additional information, please contact Charlie Dougherty, Athletic Director, at 650.762.1107 or firstname.lastname@example.org