Experience World Languages at Mercy High School where:
- Integration of skills occurs daily
- Lessons are relevant
- Communication reflects real life
- Building community is an in-class activity
- Learning is rigorous
- Culture is embedded in the language learning
- Websites/apps here and at home sharpen your learning
Levels I and II: American Sign Language, French, Spanish
Honors II Level Courses: French and Spanish
Levels III and IV: American Sign Language, French, Spanish
Honors Levels III and IV Courses: French and Spanish
Advanced Placement (AP) Level Courses:
French and Spanish Language & Culture.
- Enjoyment is part of the learning
- Risk-taking builds self esteem
- Learning a language is inter-disciplinary
- You become active global citizens
- AND where you can begin with ONE language
study and graduate as a TRI-LINGUAL SCHOLAR!
Honor Societies: La Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica, La Société Honoraire de Français, Mercy Tri-Lingual Honor Society, ASL Honor Society
Immersion: Two-week intensive language study/home-stay/travel opportunities in France and Spain are offered during the summer to students of French and Spanish.
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart. Nelson Mandela