Mercy High School is a Catholic, college preparatory school for young women located 20 minutes south of San Francisco in the hills of Burlingame. Founded in 1931, Mercy High School has a maximum enrollment of 500 girls in grades 9-12. Mercy is sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and has an outstanding reputation for excellence in academic and extra curricular program.
- Athletic Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
- Finance Director
- Math Teacher
- Parent Event and Volunteer Coordinator
- Coaching Opportunities
The Athletic Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coordinator is responsible for handling athletic training services for student athletes as well as designing and implementing a strength and conditioning program. They will assist as needed in the Athletics Department.
- Assess student athlete injuries, make recommendations for care, and implement treatment plans for returning to play.
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders approved by a physician.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic contests and away contests as needed.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists athletes and their parents.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments, and student athletes treated by a physician.
- Assist during an all school emergency and coordinate with the campus Emergency Response Team.
- Develop and maintain a budget for the athletic training program.
- Take inventory and replenish athletic training supplies as needed.
- Organize and update all team medical kits.
- Schedule and coordinate pre-participation sports physicals.
- Provide the coaches and Athletic Director with a list of athletes medically eligible to compete.
- Design and implement strength and conditioning programs to prevent injury and improve athletic performance for all teams.
- Organize and order new equipment for the weight room as needed.
- Coordinate transportation to away competitions.
- Assist with uniform distribution and collection.
- Drive a school van as needed.
- Assist the Athletic Director as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in a health related field, a ATC/BOC certification, and CPR and First Aid certification. Please send resume to crietmanngrout
Position begins: July 1, 2018
The Finance Director is primarily responsible for the management of the financial assets and human resource services of the school. This is a full-time, year-round, exempt position that reports to the Head of School and serves on the Leadership Team. Primary responsibilities include the strategic direction and implementation for key non-academic support functions of the school’s operation including finance, accounting, human resources, insurance and risk management, and systems technology.
The Finance Director initiates and develops the annual budget, participates in long-range financial planning, manages and administers human resource policies and programs, technology, equipment and supply purchases, and staffs the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Finance Director manages three direct reports. A qualified candidate should have the desire and willingness to participate in a dynamic, independent, Catholic school environment, and have a strong commitment to education.
Mercy High School offers a competitive salary based on experience and a strong benefits package. Position effective July 1, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically in one email a resume and cover letter to Karen Hanrahan, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mercy High School has an opening for a full-time math teacher starting Aug. 13, 2018. Position will be full time, and will teach statistics and pre-calculus, with the option of different courses in future years. The math teacher is responsible for the overall coordination of teaching including delivering lessons, accurate assessment of student progress, participation in department meetings and team planning sessions, and supervision of students.
- B.A in mathematics or passing score on CSET
- 3 years teaching experience, preferably in a secondary school environment
- Strong knowledge in the areas of calculus
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Education or Math
- California Secondary Teaching Credential
- Strong computer and iPad skills
Salary based on faculty salary scale, and is commensurate with experience and education of applicant. Please send resume and cover letter to: Lauren Conklin, Assistant Head of School for Academics at email@example.com with the subject line “Math Teacher Position”.
The Parent Event and Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing programs that facilitate an opportunity for parents to be involved and invested in their daughter's Mercy experience. A major focus will be working with the Mercy Parent Club (MPC) and supporting parent volunteer needs within the school. This position will also manage all aspects of the student fundraiser. The Parent Coordinator must be professional and capable of assessing, creating, and implementing dynamic programs that support the school in creating a spirit of community by providing opportunities for parent involvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for planning, oversight and management of Mercy High School's traditional and hospitality parent events, and Athletic Department special events. This includes:
- Coordination and oversight for all MPC events, meetings and activities; acting as designated staff person for all MPC activities.
- Overseeing MPC board development, budgeting, nominations, annual goal setting, and making sure MPC leadership team, consisting of MPC Board members are trained and informed.
- Ensuring that the MPC is successful in creating a welcoming atmosphere for all parents to get involved in the school community.
- Direct oversight of budget compliance and management of cash and deposits from events.
- Facilitating cross-over stewardship with Advancement, Alumnae, Admissions.
- Recruitment, Coordination, support and training of parent volunteers for MPC activities, Student Life and Athletic events.
- Organize parent involvement in Athletics Department.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Mercy High School student fundraiser, including program coordination with eTeamSponsor, before, during and post fundraising campaign. This includes:
- Plan and implement student incentives, fundraising kick-off event, & student messaging with Mercy SBO’s.
- Prepare and send out all parent messaging and information.
- Oversee all day to day tracking of fundraising using eTeamSponsor campaign site.
- Communicate weekly with Mercy Faculty Advisors. Report out standings weekly encouraging students to increase donations.
- Manage all onsite money collections. Track all donations through employee match programs.
- Oversee All Student & Advisory Prizes and any days off earned.
- Troubleshoot eTeamSponsor technical issues.
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to Catholic Education, the Mission and values of Mercy High School and the Sisters of Mercy
- Position requires candidate to be on campus daily, with additional weekend and evening meetings and events required.
- Other duties as assigned
Position begins: August 1, 2018. This is a full-time, school-year benefited position and includes all school holidays and Christmas and Easter vacation. Salary based on experience. Please send resume to crietmanngrout
Mercy is on a block schedule with seven 80-minute periods every other day. Full-time teachers have five classes and two prep periods. All positions require candidates to be on campus beginning August 10, 2018.
Salary based on faculty salary scale, and commensurate with experience and education of applicant.