Mercy High School is a Catholic, college preparatory school for young women located 20 minutes south of San Francisco in the hills of Burlingame. Founded in 1931, Mercy High School has a maximum enrollment of 500 girls in grades 9-12. Mercy is sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and has an outstanding reputation for excellence in academic and extra curricular program.
- Assistant Facilities and Maintenance Manager
- Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing
- Coaching Opportunities
The Assistant Facilities and Maintenance Manager works closely with the Director of Facilities and Maintenance to coordinate day to day maintenance needs of the school. The job is a full-time, salaried-exempt, fully benefited, 12-month position reporting to the Director of Facilities and Operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, and execute timely response to facilities requests.
- Help perform preventive maintenance and repair work in an historic building
- Research alternatives and make suggestions to streamline operations
- Work with the Director of Facilities and Operations and Facilities Technician to coordinate facilities projects and order necessary materials, etc.
- Coordinate projects around school calendar including supporting third party facility rentals as well as after school, weekend, and summer programs.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in facilities and operations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in health, safety, and security programs and emergency preparedness.
- Knowledge of common building hardware such as locks, doors, door openers, lavatory fixtures, lighting fixtures and equipment, plumbing, electrical, appliances, light construction, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of ADA and Cal OSHA regulations.
- Proactive problem-solver who is highly organized and analytical with ability to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing skills to prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, policies and procedures, and training documents.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Ability to obtain, understand, and give adequate consideration to others' priorities, opinions, and concerns, be able to work with a diverse constituency and staff.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High integrity and accountability; exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, responsive mindset, and successful customer-service track record.
- Positive attitude
- Team player with the ability to take and give clear instructions.
- Reliable, responsible, and safety-minded.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience including education in relevant areas and/or equivalent experience/training with at least 10 years of hands-on campus, facilities, and operations experience.
- The physical ability to supervise and/or personally perform any and all facilities and operations related tasks on/across a multi-story, multi-building, multi-level, campus.
Background/fingerprint check required. Must have valid driver's license.
Send resume to Karen Hanrahan, Head of School, Mercy High School, Burlingame firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. Resumes should be received no later than May 10, 2019.
Mercy High School is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing. The Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing is responsible for communications, branding, marketing and public relations at Mercy High School. This includes, but is not limited to, developing marketing plans, branding, website management and updating, social media, analytics, media relations, and all digital, print and broadcast communications.
- 4-years experience in Marketing and/or Public Relations
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Communications or Marketing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Copywriting and editing experience
- Excellent organization, communication and customer service skills
- Experience with marketing techniques and strategies including branding, email, SEO, content marketing, and thought leadership
- Experience with advertising tactics including SEM, display ads, social media and remarketing
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, CMS
- Knowledge of public relations procedures, techniques and methods including working with the media
- Experience in photography and video production
- Strong desire to support the mission of Mercy High School
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples. One writing sample should be a short magazine-style article. A second sample may be a social media posting, press release or web site post. Information should be sent to email@example.com. View the complete job description HERE.
Mercy is on a block schedule with seven 80-minute periods, every other day. Full-time teachers have five classes and two prep periods. All positions require candidates to be on campus beginning August 10, 2018.
Salary based on faculty salary scale, and commensurate with experience and education of applicant.