Mercy High School is a Catholic, college preparatory school for young women located 20 minutes south of San Francisco in the hills of Burlingame. Founded in 1931, Mercy High School has a maximum enrollment of 500 girls in grades 9-12. Mercy is sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and has an outstanding reputation for excellence in academic and extra curricular program.
In June 2018, Head of School Karen Hanrahan announced her intention to step down from her role at the end of the school year in 2019. The Board of Directors has embarked on a search for a new Head of School who will continue the legacy set forth by the Sisters of Mercy.
- Assistant Facilities and Maintenance Manager
- Dance Teacher
- English Teacher
- Production Manager - Tri-School Productions
- Coaching Opportunities
The Assistant Facilities and Maintenance Manager works closely with the Director of Facilities and Maintenance to coordinate day to day maintenance needs of the school. The job is a full-time, salaried-exempt, fully benefited, 12-month position reporting to the Director of Facilities and Operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, and execute timely response to facilities requests.
- Help perform preventive maintenance and repair work in an historic building
- Research alternatives and make suggestions to streamline operations
- Work with the Director of Facilities and Operations and Facilities Technician to coordinate facilities projects and order necessary materials, etc.
- Coordinate projects around school calendar including supporting third party facility rentals as well as after school, weekend, and summer programs.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in facilities and operations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in health, safety, and security programs and emergency preparedness.
- Knowledge of common building hardware such as locks, doors, door openers, lavatory fixtures, lighting fixtures and equipment, plumbing, electrical, appliances, light construction, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of ADA and Cal OSHA regulations.
- Proactive problem-solver who is highly organized and analytical with ability to work under pressure of deadlines and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing skills to prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, policies and procedures, and training documents.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Ability to obtain, understand, and give adequate consideration to others' priorities, opinions, and concerns, be able to work with a diverse constituency and staff.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High integrity and accountability; exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, responsive mindset, and successful customer-service track record.
- Positive attitude
- Team player with the ability to take and give clear instructions.
- Reliable, responsible, and safety-minded.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience including education in relevant areas and/or equivalent experience/training with at least 10 years of hands-on campus, facilities, and operations experience.
- The physical ability to supervise and/or personally perform any and all facilities and operations related tasks on/across a multi-story, multi-building, multi-level, campus.
Background/fingerprint check required. Must have valid driver's license.
Send resume to Karen Hanrahan, Head of School, Mercy High School, Burlingame firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. Resumes should be received no later than May 10, 2019.
Mercy High School Burlingame, an all-girls college preparatory secondary school has an opening for a dance teacher starting Aug. 12, 2019.
Teaching schedule includes four classes (five classes is full-time). Class are Dance 1-7, with some mixed level sections. All classes are UC-approved, and dance teacher uses traditional teaching methodology, including giving formative feedback and assessing summative performances and projects.
The dance teacher is responsible for the overall coordination of teaching including delivering lessons, accurate assessment of student progress, participation in department meetings and team planning sessions, and supervision of students.
The dance teacher plans, manages, and directs two dance show performances per year, which serves as part of the summative assessment for every dance student.
- B.A in Dance or Performing Arts
- 3 years teaching experience, preferably in a secondary school environment
- Experience performing and choreographing dance
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Education or Dance
- California Secondary Teaching Credential
- Strong computer and iPad skills
Salary based on faculty salary scale, and is commensurate with experience and education of applicant.
Send resume and cover letter to: Nazira Kury-Arnold, VPA Department Chair
If emailing, please use subject line “Dance Teacher Position”
Mercy High School, an all-girls college preparatory secondary school has an opening for a full-time English teacher.
Teachers have the opportunity to work in a small school environment, with class sizes ranging from 9-25 students. Mercy High School Burlingame has low turnover and excellent professional development programs.
Position will teach a varied English curriculum including reading, composition, literature analysis, and grammar. Reporting to the English department chairperson, the teacher is responsible for the overall coordination of teaching in his/her subjects including executing well-developed lesson plans, accurate assessment of student’s progress, participation in department meetings and team planning sessions, supervision of students, willingness to learn new methodology, ability to undertake co-curricular responsibilities.
- B.A in English minimum
- CA Secondary Teaching Credential
- At least 3 years teaching experience in a secondary school environment desirable
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in education, or related topic
Position requires candidate to be on campus beginning August 13, 2019 for orientation. School year begins Aug. 20, 2019. Salary based on faculty salary scale, and commensurate with experience and education of applicant.
All resume materials should be received by Friday, May 18, 2019.
Send resume and cover letter to: Lauren Conklin, Assistant Head of School for Academics. Please use the subject line “English Position".
Start Date: August 2019
WHERE: Junípero Serra High School is the Archdiocese Catholic High School for boys in San Mateo County.
- Degree in theater or similar preferred
- Experience with dramatic productions, especially in the educational world a plus
- CA teaching credential preferred but not required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the AP: Student Life at Serra and the Tri-School Company Manager to hire all theatre personnel including Managing Director, directors, Technical Director, designers, and stage managers
- Manages the financial business and maintains operational and prior records of the theatre.
- Fosters the development of good relations with Tri-school representatives
- Coordinates activities of regular personnel and volunteer staff members to ensure
- efficient operation and to promote patronage of the theatre.
- Prepares and monitors theatre schedules and budget, and reports the financial condition of the theatre to the Tri-Star Reps/Administration on a monthly basis.
- Secures theatre publicity
- Meets/greets patrons at performances, securing their comfort and safety while inside the theatre.
- Calendars the productions in coordination with the Tri-School Company Manager and the AP: Student Life at Serra
- Attends monthly TRISTARS meetings
- Maintains relationships with Tri-School/Tri-Star rep
- Researches grant opportunities for the theatre
- Acts as liaison between Theatre and the Administration
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com
Mercy is on a block schedule with seven 80-minute periods, every other day. Full-time teachers have five classes and two prep periods. All positions require candidates to be on campus beginning August 10, 2018.
Salary based on faculty salary scale, and commensurate with experience and education of applicant.