Mercy High School is a Catholic, college preparatory school for young women located 20 minutes south of San Francisco in the hills of Burlingame. Founded in 1931, Mercy High School has a maximum enrollment of 500 girls in grades 9-12. Mercy is sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and has an outstanding reputation for excellence in academic and extra curricular programs.
ADVANCEMENT EVENT COORDINATOR - Full time - Immediate Opening - posted July 25, 2014
Position description: Mercy High School, an all-girls college preparatory secondary school has an opening for a full-time Advancement Event Coordinator starting August 15, 2014. Position is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing special events programs throughout the year that will engage the school’s constituents and encourage philanthropic support of the school. The coordinator will function as a key member of the school’s advancement team; a major focus will be working with the Mercy Parent Club. The Advancement Event Coordinator must be an experienced fundraising professional capable of assessing, creating, and implementing dynamic programs that reflect current advancement best practices.
- 3 - 5 years experience in event planning/management in a non-profit environment
- Demonstrated ability to produce successful events within budget criteria and create a surplus to meet fund-raising goals
- Extensive leadership, organizational and creative skills to produce well designed and managed events
- Experience working with volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge as well as Auction Maestro Pro or similar auction program preferred. Experience with InDesign and website program desirable.
Education and/or Experience
AA required, BA preferred.
Position requires candidate to be on campus daily, with additional weekend and evening meetings and events required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, year-round benefited position.
All applicants should read and review the full job description.
Please email or mail a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications for this position along with your resume to:
Director of Advancement
Mercy High School
2750 Adeline Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
Resume and cover letter must be received by Friday, August 8, 2014.
Click here for Coaching Opportunities at Mercy