All school information
Important Dates for 2016-17 Beginning of School
(click HERE for complete school calendar)
Aug. 10: Returning Volleyball Player Conditioning (more info)
Aug. 12: 9:30AM-3:00PM Link Crew Training
Aug 15: Volleyball and Water Polo Tryouts all other Fall Sports Tryouts begin Aug. 22, -Click HERE for Tryout info
Aug 15-18: 9AM-12:00PM College Boot Camp – Required for all seniors
Aug. 15: 9:30AM-3:00PM - Link Crew Training
Aug. 18: 6:30-8:30PM New Student and Parent Welcome Mass and Reception
Aug. 19: 8:30AM-3:00PM - Freshman Orientation/ Freshman Success Part 1
- Free Dress, Lunch will be provided
Aug. 19: 9:00-11AM - Transfer Student Orientation - Free Dress
Aug. 22: 8:30AM-11:30AM - Freshman and Junior Full Uniform Orientation/Photos
Aug. 22: 12:00-3PM - Freshman Success Part 2 Lunch will be provided
- Free Dress (change after morning orientation)
Aug. 22: 12:30-2:30PM - Sophomore and Senior Full Uniform Orientation/Photos
Aug. 22: Fall Sports Tryouts begin (Volleyball and Water Polo begin Aug. 15)
- Click HERE for Tryout info
Aug. 23: First Day of School; Tri-School Classes Begin
Aug. 24: 4:00-6:30PM - Fall Play Auditions at Serra click HERE to sign-up to audition
Aug. 25: 6:00-7:30PM - Freshman and Transfer Parent Orientation
Aug. 31: 6:30PM - Back to School Night
2016-2017 Book List
The 2016-2017 Book List is online now. Please order your books now. Email department chairs with any questions.
Order Your Daughter's Back-to-School Photos
Picture day is Monday, Aug. 22nd. In preparation for the start of the school year, we would like to provide you with some information regarding how to order your daughter's Back to School photos. Click HERE for the Lifetouch order form, please fill out the form enclose the exact payment (cash or check made payable to Lifetouch) and have your daughter bring it with her on picture day. If you have any additional questions regarding how to order pictures please contact Assistant Head of School for Student Life, Summer Dittmer, at email@example.com. Thank you!
Full Uniform Orientation/School Photos
Monday, August 22nd
All students should be in full uniform
8:30AM-11:30AM - Freshman and Juniors
12:00PM - 3:00PM Freshman Success Part 2, lunch will be provided
12:30PM-2:30PM - Sophomores and Seniors
Health Forms - Register with Appryse
ALL Mercy students whether playing a sport or not, are required to register on the Appryse system for their health information.
For more information click here.
Morning drop off and afternoon pick up
School Uniform Policy
Please take a moment to review the School Uniform Policy. The flats required for the formal uniform are defined as non-tennis shoe footwear that is entirely black. Black TOMS will be acceptable. For questions regarding the school uniform, please contact Assistant Head of School for Student Life, Summer Dittmer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mercy Scrip Programs
Help support Mercy with your everyday shopping!
Click here for more information on how to register online with these various sites AmazonSmile, eScrip, TARGET and Office Depot and select Mercy High School Burlingame as your school choice. Each time you make an eligible purchase, a donation is made to Mercy.
new students and parents
New Students & Parents Welcome Mass and Reception
Thursday, August 18th - 6:30-8:30PM
On Thursday, August 18th, all incoming freshmen, transfer students and their parents are invited to join us for the Welcome Mass to be held in the Chapel at 6:30 p.m. with a reception to follow in the Kohl Mansion. Please park in front of the mansion and you will be directed to the Chapel. Handicapped parking is available in front of the Mercy Retreat Center (where the chapel is). You can also drop off at the Retreat Center and then park. For more information please contact Patricia Glasser, Director of Admissions, at 650.762.1114 or email@example.com
Freshman and Transfer Parent Orientation
Thursday, August 25th
Learn everything you need to know about being a Mercy parent, including communication with faculty and staff; checking assignments, tests and grades, athletics, clubs, activities and more! Attendance is highly encouraged!
Freshman Splash at Serra
Friday, August 26 - 3:00-5:00pm
Junior & Senior parents
Parking Permit Requests for the Class of 2017
The requirements are as follows:
1. Form must be completed and signed by student AND parent.
2. Copy of Driver's License must be attached.
3. Fee of $100 (please make checks payable to Mercy High School)
Please bring all required paperwork and fee to Mrs. Folan in the Main Office.
*Seniors: You will have one week at the beginning of the school year to get parking permits. Following that time parking will be opened to Juniors. Questions? Please Email Mrs. Folan at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Sports Participants
- Very Important: All students must be fully registered with the Appryse system. Each athlete must have their completed physical that shows they have been cleared to participate in sports. If your daughter has not been cleared to play sports, she will not be able to start practice and/or tryouts. You can access through the Mercy website under Athletics/Forms.
- All student athletes participating in a sport must turn in both the athlete and guardian contract found in the Athletic Handbook. If the signed forms by both student and guardian are not turned in, the student will not be allowed to tryout. Click on the handbook link and print a copy of the contract after you have read the handbook. The Athletic Handbook can be found on the website under Athletics/Forms & Athletic Qualifications. The contracts to be signed are at the end of the handbook. The completed contracts must be returned to the Athletic Director or to the main office.
* Please add Charlie Dougherty, Mercy Athletic Director, email@example.com and Claire Rietmann-Grout, Assistant Director for Student Life & Athletics firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book so that their emails will be delivered to your inbox and not to spam. Thank you!
Visual and performing arts
Fall Play Auditions
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Wednesday, August 24th - 4:00-6:30pm
Gellert Auditorium at Serra High School
Click HERE to sign up for to audition
mercy parent club
Save the dates!
Head of School Parent Welcome BBQ
Wed., Sept. 14, 2016 - 6:30PM
Mercy High School, Kohl Mansion
Mercy Moms’ Mixer
Thurs., Sept. 22, 2016 - 7:00PM
Mercy High School, Kohl Mansion
Mercy Dads’ Get-Together
Wed., Sept. 28, 2016 - 7:00PM
Mercy High School, Kohl Mansion