Strength & Conditioning
Mercy Athletics believes in the power of conditioning to produce a top level athlete. We provide Strength & Conditioning sessions through Pacific THERx. Strength & Conditioning services are arranged by the coaching staff for any student athlete or team, 2 times a week for 60 minutes to include but not limited to dynamic warm-ups, body-weight strength training, agility, and weighted strength training for 8-10 weeks prior to any of the seasons.
We will also arrange and conduct pre-participation physicals 1-2 times per year to ensure that athletes are prepared for their upcoming seasons.
Summer 2017 Strength and Conditioning Sessions:
- Monday and Wednesday from 3:30-5pm . Meet at the Mercy Grassilli Center weight room. Sessions will take place on June 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 July 5, 10, 12, 17, 19. Will be supervised by Pacific THERx trainer.
- Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday from 9:30-11am. Meet at the Mercy Grassilli Center weight room. Sessions will take place on June 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29 July 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20. Will be supervised by Mercy track coach Sunny Diaz.
- Volleyball Open Gyms: Wednesday June 14,21,28, July 5,12,19-Will take place at Our Lady of Angels gym in Burlingame from 7-9 pm. The July 19 session will take place at St Catherine’s gym in Burlingame 7-9pm. Sessions will be supervised by Mercy volleyball coaches
- Basketball Open Gyms: Tuesday June 13,20,27 July 11,18- Will take place at Our Lady of Angels gym in Burlingame from 7-9pm. The July 18 session will take place at St Catherine’s gym in Burlingame 7-9pm. Sessions will be supervised by Mercy basketball coaches
- Golf: Mercy golf coaches will oversee sessions at the driving range starting .Place and day TBD
- Water Polo: Mercy Water Polo coach will hold open sessions on Monday and Wednesday from 6:30-8am at the Mercy Pool. Starts on June 12.
- Cross Country: Cross Country coach will lead girls on a Saturday morning run starting at 9am. Meet at south side of Sawyer Camp trail of Black Mountain Road. Runs will take place on June 17,24, July 1,8,15,22.
- Lacrosse camp available: Mercy lacrosse coach runs the camp. See attached: 2017 Lacrosse Camp Flyer
Any questions concerning the conditioning sessions or open gyms can be answered by Athletic Director Charlie Dougherty at firstname.lastname@example.org