Mercy High School recognizes that families have varying financial needs and make financial sacrifices which include adjusting spending priorities and maximizing both parents’ earnings to provide their daughters with a strong academic education. The Financial Assistance Program at Mercy strives to help those families who, even with personal sacrifices, are unable to meet the full tuition obligation. Awards are made for a one-year period; families must re-apply each year to be considered for assistance.
The application process is fair and confidential. Assessments are done by TADS, an outside firm that specializes in school financial assistance programs. Financial aid awards are made based on a family’s demonstrated need and the availability of school funds.
Families that would like to be considered for financial assistance for the 2017-2018 school year must complete a TADS online financial aid application.
Applying 8th grade families must submit their TADS application by December 12, 2016
Returning 10th, 11th and 12th grade families must apply by February 10, 2017.
Families that have both an applying 8th grader and returning student must meet the December 12th deadline. Late applications will be processed and reviewed; however, meeting the appropriate deadline is critical.
Meeting the deadlines is extremely important as failure to complete the financial aid application on time may jeopardize your chances of receiving aid. Again, please note that late applications will be processed and reviewed, but funds may not be available.
- Financial Aid Worksheet
- Complete and Submit TADS Financial Aid Application
- Processing Fee
- Archdiocese of San Francisco 2017-2018 Scholarship Forms
- Need Assistance with your Financial Aid Application
- Award Notices Mailed - March 17, 2017
- Are Admissions & Financial Aid kept separate?
- What if we did not apply or did not qualify through TADs but our circumstances have changed , and we may be eligible?
Before completing the online financial aid application, we recommend that you download the financial aid worksheet to familiarize yourself with the application. This worksheet is only to help you in completing the online application and will not be accepted by TADS as an application. Click on the appropriate link below.
To apply for financial aid for the 2017-2018 academic year, complete a TADS Financial Aid Application. Click on the appropriate link below.
The following supporting documentation must be submitted to TADS via mail or fax prior to the appropriate application due date.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and businesses owned)
- W-2’s from each job held by Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
- Most recent pay stub from each job held by Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
- Documents that establish the amount of miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e. unemployment, worker’s compensation, social security, etc.)
- All corporate, partnership and trust forms if a household member owns 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership or trust
Need-based funding may also be available from the Archdiocese of San Francisco for those students who live in San Mateo, San Francisco or Marin Counties. All students, living within the Archdiocese and applying for aid, can also apply for the Archdiocesan Catholic High School Scholarship. A completed Clergy Recommendation Form must be submitted to be eligible for consideration for this scholarship opportunity. All religious denominations are eligible to apply.
The Clergy Recommendation form is located at the end of the TADS online application. Please carefully follow the instructions given. For further information go to http://www.sfdcs.org/dcs/arch_grants
You may contact TADS for assistance completing the application or to check application status. TADS does not have award information.
Mailing Address: 1201 Hawthorne Avenue, Suite. 100
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Telephone: 800.477.8237 (M-F, 8-8 Central)
FAX Number 612.548.3326 (24 hours)
Contact the Assistant to the Head of School, Lynn Beal via email or by phone at (650.762.1101) regarding the appeal process or late application. You will need to provide specific documentation showing the changes in financial status. No financial aid will be considered without submission of the TADs application and required documentation.