- Girls on the Green
- Admission 101 - Discover The Mercy Difference
- Open House
- Shadow Days...Be a Mercy Girl for a Day
- Shadow Program FAQs
- Coffee & Conversation for Prospective Families
- Upcoming HS Fairs Mercy is Attending
Monday - October 2, 2017
3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
6th, 7th and 8th graders, join us for Girls on the Green, a day of Mercy athletics and activities including volleyball, robotics, swimming, basketball, art activities, lacrosse, art, cheer and more!
Parents are welcome to stay for a campus tour.
Registration for Girls on the Green will be available in mid-August.
Monday - October 23, 2017
6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Mercy offers a unique environment for your daughter during these four crucial years of her development. Discover The Mercy Difference about our approach in the classroom, as well as with athletics and activities. After the main presentation, break out sessions will be available for:
- The Admission Process: Great for parents going through the high school application process for the first time, we'll answer questions like
- How many schools should my daughter apply to?
- Does it matter where she takes the HSPT?
- What is considered for admission?
- and more!
- The AMES program for students with documented Learning Differences
- The Financial Aid process
Admission 101 - The Mercy Difference is just for parents. Join us to get all of your questions answered!
Registration for Admission 101 will be available in mid-August.
Discover the Mercy Difference at our Open House!
Sunday - November 19, 2017
Attend Academic Presentations, watch Visual and Performing Arts performances, speak to Athletics representatives and more!
Registration to attend the Fall Open House will be available in mid-August.
We look forward to seeing you!
Shadowing is the best way for you to experience the atmosphere at Mercy! Eighth grade girls and transfer students are encouraged to shadow in the fall. All Mercy applicants are required to participate in a Shadow Day in order to be considered for admission.
When you shadow, you will have the opportunity to tour our 38-acre campus, attend classes, meet teachers and coaches, enjoy a complimentary lunch, and experience the Mercy sisterhood firsthand! Your visit will begin promptly at 8:30 and end at 1:00 in the Kohl Mansion Reception Room.
Based on your academic and extracurricular interests, you will be assigned a Crusader Crew member as your personal guide for the day. Our Crusader Crew is trained to help you get the most of your shadow experience. Visitors may request a specific student guide, and we will do our best to match you if the schedule allows.
If there is a specific class (e.g. math, science, art, dance etc) you would like to see, please contact the Admission Office at least once week prior to your visit. We will do our best to accommodate your interest based on the day's class schedule, Crusader Crew availability and other factors.
Sign up for Shadow Days will be available by late-August.
Shadow days are reserved for 8th graders and transfer students. We invite seventh grade and younger students to attend our Open House in November and Spring Open House in May.
How do I schedule a Shadow Day?
- Have your parent or guardian register online for a Shadow Day. Registration will be available in late August.
- Please schedule your shadow day at least 2 school days in advance. Eighth grade girls are encouraged to shadow in the fall.
- Based on your academic and extracurricular interests, you will be assigned a Crusader Crew member as your personal guide for the day. Our Crusader Crew is trained to help you get the most of your shadow experience. Visitors may request a specific student guide, and we will do our best to match you if the schedule allows. Your visit will begin promptly at 8:30 and end at 1:00.
What will my day be like?
- Arrive between 8:15 am and 8:30 a.m. Meet us in the Reception Room of the Kohl Mansion, the main school building for Mercy. You will be introduced to your Crusader Crew guide and proceed to class.
- 8:30 – 1:00 Visit three classes, meet teachers and students, learn about Mercy on your campus tour and have lunch on us!
- 1:00 Day complete! Your guide will bring you back to the Reception Room where your parent/guardian can meet you.
What should I bring?
- No need to bring anything with you. We will provide a snack and lunch. You will choose your lunch from an amazing selection of foods made fresh daily in our cafeteria kitchen.
What should I wear?
- Casual clothes, including jeans and tennis shoes, are appropriate attire. Students may also wear their school uniform if they prefer. Girls should not wear tank tops or midriff-baring clothing.
When can I come back and visit?
- Come explore all of the possibilities at our Open House on Sunday, November 19, 2017 from 12:00 to 3:00.
- Take your High School Placement Test (HSPT) at Mercy. Registration is available when you complete your online application. Although the HSPT is offered at other area Catholic high schools, taking it at Mercy is an important first step in becoming a member of Mercy’s Class of 2022.
Coffee & Conversation for Prospective Parents
Presentations and Tours designed especially for parents and guardians
Find out more about the Mercy Difference during Coffee and Conversation! You will meet our Head of School, Assistant Heads and other staff, as well as see the school when classes are in session. These mornings differ from Open House as they provide a more personalized opportunity for you to talk with our administration, observe school in session and speak with the admission team regarding any questions you might have in regards to the application process for your daughter.
We recognize that selecting a high school is a family decision. If your 8th grade daughter has an interest in Mercy, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of both Coffee and Conversation as well as our Open House.
Coffee and Conversation will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. starting in the Reception Room of the Kohl Mansion.
Dates for the 2017-18 school year:
Sign up for any of our Coffee and Conversation will be available in mid-August.