- Girls on the Green
- Admissions 101
- Open House
- Shadow Days...Be a Mercy Girl for a Day
- Shadow Program FAQs
- Coffee & Conversation for Prospective Families
- Upcoming HS Fairs Mercy is Attending
Wednesday - September 21, 2016
3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
6th, 7th and 8th graders, join us for Girls on the Green, a day of Mercy athletics and activities including volleyball, robotics, swimming, basketball, art activities, lacrosse, tie-dye, cheer and more!
Parents are welcome to stay for a campus tour.
Wednesday - October 5, 2016
6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
The high school admissions process can bring about many questions, especially for parents going through it for the first time. How many schools should my daughter apply to? Does it matter where she takes the HSPT? How does the AMES program at Mercy work? Should we apply for financial aid?
Admissions 101 is geared toward parents and will address these and many other questions involved with the high school application process. Join us to get all of your questions answered!
The Fall Open House is a wonderful opportunity to visit our campus, meet our students, teachers and administrators, and learn more about our community. The day is geared toward 8th and 7th grade students and their families; however, all grades are welcome. Attendees will be able to attend department presentations, watch Visual and Performing Arts performances, speak to Athletics representatives and more!
Spring Open House
Monday May 1, 2017 4:00 - 6:00pm
Our Spring Open House is a great time for 6th and 7th graders to get an introduction to Mercy, or visit campus again! Online registration will be available in the spring.
Shadowing is the best way for you to experience the atmosphere at Mercy! Eighth grade girls and transfer students are encouraged to shadow in the fall. All Mercy applicants are required to participate in a Shadow Day in order to be considered for Admissions.
When you shadow, you will have the opportunity to tour our 38-acre campus, attend classes, meet teachers and coaches, enjoy a complimentary lunch, and experience the Mercy sisterhood firsthand! Your visit will begin promptly at 8:30 and end at 1:00 in the Kohl Mansion Reception Room.
Based on your academic and extracurricular interests, you will be assigned a Crusader Crew member as your personal guide for the day. Our Crusader Crew is trained to help you get the most of your shadow experience. Visitors may request a specific student guide, and we will do our best to match you if the schedule allows.
If there is a specific class (e.g. math, science, art, dance etc) you would like to see, please contact the Admissions Office at least once week prior to your visit. We will do our best to accommodate your interest based on the day's class schedule, Crusader Crew availability and other factors.
Shadow days are reserved for 8th graders and transfer students. We invite seventh grade and younger students to attend our Open House in November and Spring Open House in May.
How do I schedule a Shadow Day?
- Have your parent or guardian register online for a Shadow Day.
- Please schedule your shadow at least 2 school days in advance. Eighth grade girls are encouraged to shadow in the fall.
- Based on your academic and extracurricular interests, you will be assigned a Crusader Crew member as your personal guide for the day. Our Crusader Crew is trained to help you get the most of your shadow experience. Visitors may request a specific student guide, and we will do our best to match you if the schedule allows. Your visit will begin promptly at 8:30 and end at 1:00.
What will my day be like?
- Arrive between 8:15 am and 8:30 a.m. Meet us in the Reception Room of the Kohl Mansion, the main school building for Mercy. You will be introduced to your Crusader Crew guide and proceed to class.
- 8:30 – 1:00 Visit three classes, meet teachers and students, learn about Mercy on your campus tour and have lunch on us!
- 1:00 Day complete! Your guide will bring you back to the Reception Room where your parent/guardian can meet you.
What should I bring?
- No need to bring anything with you. We will provide a snack and lunch. You will choose your lunch from an amazing selection of foods made fresh daily in our cafeteria kitchen.
What should I wear?
- Casual clothes, including jeans and tennis shoes, are appropriate attire. Students may also wear their school uniform if they prefer. Girls should not wear tank tops or midriff-baring clothing.
When can I come back and visit?
- Come explore all of the possibilities at our Open House on Sunday, November 20, 2016 from 12:30 to 3:00.
- Take your High School Placement Test (HSPT) at Mercy. Registration is available when you complete your online application. Although the HSPT is offered at other area Catholic high schools, taking it at Mercy is an important first step in becoming a member of Mercy’s Class of 2021.
Presentations and Tours designed especially for parents and guardians
Join us for Coffee and Conversation with our Head of School, Assistant Heads and other faculty and administration. Learn more about Mercy and see the school when classes are in session. These mornings differ from Open House as they provide a more personalized opportunity for you to talk with our administration, observe school in session and speak with the admissions team regarding any questions you might have in regards to the application process for your daughter.
We recognize that selecting a high school is a family decision. If your 8th grade daughter has an interest in Mercy, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of both Coffee and Conversation as well as our Open House.
Coffee and Conversation will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. starting in the Reception Room of the Kohl Mansion.
Dates for the 2016-17 school year:
Mercy will be present at several upcoming High School Fairs in the fall. Stop by our table at the following events:
San Francisco Independent School Fair: Sunday, Sept. 11, 1pm - 4pm; Hosted by St. Ignatius College Prep
San Francisco Public and Parochial School Fair: Saturday, Sept. 24, 1pm - 3:30pm Hosted by Lick Wilmerding High School
Keys School/Girls' Middle School HS Fair: Monday, Sept. 26, 6:30pm Hosted by Kehillah High School, Palo Alto
Coastside HS Fair: Thursday Sept. 29, 6pm - 8pm Hosted by Sea Crest School, Half Moon Bay
St. Matthew Episcopal/Crocker School Fair: Tuesday Oct. 4, 6pm - 8pm Hosted by St. Matthew Episcopal