- Shadow Days...Be a Mercy Girl for a Day
- Shadow Program FAQs
- Girls on the Green
- Admission 101 - Discover The Mercy Distinction
- Open House
- Coffee & Conversation for Prospective Families
- Upcoming HS Fairs Mercy is Attending
Spending a Shadow Day is the best way for you to experience Mercy High School! Eighth grade girls and transfer students are encouraged to shadow in the fall. All Mercy applicants are required to participate in a Shadow Day in order to be considered for admission.
When you shadow, you will have the opportunity to tour our 38-acre campus, attend classes, meet teachers and coaches, enjoy a delicious, complimentary lunch, and experience the Mercy sisterhood firsthand! Your visit will begin promptly at 8:30 and end at 1:00 in the Kohl Mansion Reception Room.
Based on your academic and extracurricular interests, you will be assigned a Crusader Crew member as your personal guide for the day. Our Crusader Crew is trained to help you get the most of your shadow experience. Visitors may request a specific student guide, and we will do our best to match you if the schedule allows.
Please check with your school for testing days and other events before scheduling your shadow day so that you do not have to change your date.
Sign up for Shadow Days here.
Shadow days are reserved for 8th graders and transfer students. We invite seventh grade and younger students to attend Girls on the Green on October 2 and Open House on November 19.
Mercy will hold Shadows on the following dates for 2017-2018
|Monday, September 11||Monday, October 2||Monday, November 6|
|Tuesday, September 12||Wednesday, October 4||Tuesday, November 14|
|Wednesday, September 13||Thursday, October 5||Thursday, November 16|
|Monday, September 18||Monday, October 9||Tuesday, November 28|
|Wednesday, September 20||Wednesday, October 18||Thursday, November 30|
|Monday, September 25||Thursday, October 19||Wednesday, January 17|
|Wednesday, September 27||Tuesday, October 24||Monday, January 22|
|Thursday, September 28||Wednesday, October 25|
|Thursday, October 26|
|Monday, October 30|
How do I schedule a Shadow Day?
- Have your parent or guardian register online for a Shadow Day.
- Please schedule your shadow day at least 2 school days in advance. Eighth grade girls are encouraged to shadow in the fall.
- Based on your academic and extracurricular interests, you will be assigned a Crusader Crew member as your personal guide for the day. Our Crusader Crew is trained to help you get the most of your shadow experience. Visitors may request a specific student guide, and we will do our best to match you if the schedule allows. Your visit will begin promptly at 8:30 and end at 1:00.
What will my day be like?
- Arrive between 8:15 am and 8:30 a.m. Meet us in the Reception Room of the Kohl Mansion, the main school building for Mercy. You will be introduced to your Crusader Crew guide and proceed to class.
- 8:30 – 1:00 Visit three classes, meet teachers and students, learn about Mercy on your campus tour and have lunch on us!
- 1:00 Day complete! Your guide will bring you back to the Reception Room where your parent/guardian can meet you.
What should I bring?
- No need to bring anything with you. We will provide a snack and lunch. You will choose your lunch from an amazing selection of foods made fresh daily in our cafeteria kitchen.
What should I wear?
- Casual clothes, including jeans and tennis shoes, are appropriate attire. Students may also wear their school uniform if they prefer. Girls should not wear tank tops or midriff-baring clothing.
When can I come back and visit?
- Come explore all of the possibilities at our Open House on Sunday, November 19, 2017 from 12:00 to 3:00.
- Take your High School Placement Test (HSPT) at Mercy. Registration is available when you complete your online application. Although the HSPT is offered at other area Catholic high schools, taking it at Mercy is an important first step in becoming a member of Mercy’s Class of 2022.
Girls on the Green
Monday - October 2, 2017
3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
6th, 7th and 8th graders, join us for Girls on the Green, a day of Mercy athletics and activities including volleyball, robotics, silk screening, tennis, STEM activities, softball, tinkering, basketball, lacrosse, dance, art and more!
Parents are welcome to stay for a campus tour.
Monday - October 23, 2017
6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Mercy offers a unique environment for your daughter during these four crucial years of her development. Discover The Mercy Distinction regarding our mission, our approach in the classroom, with athletics and with activities. After the main presentation, break out sessions will be available for:
- The AMES program for students with documented Learning Differences
- The Financial Aid process
Is this your first time through the HS application process? The following items will be addressed as well:
- How many schools should my daughter apply to?
- Does it matter where she takes the HSPT?
- What is considered for admission?
Admission 101 - The Mercy Distinction is just for parents. Join us to learn more about Mercy!
Sunday - November 19, 2017
12:00 - 3:00pm
Discover the distinct educational opportunity that awaits you at Mercy High School during our Open House! This afternoon is a wonderful opportunity to visit our campus, attend Academic Presentations, watch Visual and Performing Arts performances, speak to Athletics representatives and more!
The day is geared toward 8th and 7th grade students and their families; however, all grades are welcome.
Presentations and Tours designed especially for parents and guardians
Find out more about the Mercy Distinction during Coffee and Conversation! You will meet our Head of School, Assistant Heads and other staff, as well as see the school when classes are in session. These mornings differ from Open House as they provide a more personalized opportunity for you to talk with our administration, observe school in session and speak with the admission team regarding any questions you might have in regards to the application process for your daughter.
We recognize that selecting a high school is a family decision. If your 8th grade daughter has an interest in Mercy, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of both Coffee and Conversation as well as our Open House.
Coffee and Conversation will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. starting in the Reception Room of the Kohl Mansion.
Dates for the 2017-18 school year:
Mercy will be present at several High School Fairs in the fall. Watch this page for updates on the following events:
San Francisco Independent School Fair
San Francisco Public and Parochial School Fair: Saturday September 9, 1 - 3:30pm
Peninsula High School Information Fair: Sunday October 1, 2-4pm, Canada College
Pacifica High School Fair: Thursday October 5, 6:30 -8:30pm
To sign up for one of these events, please click on the link above and register.
|Wednesday, September 6||Coffee and Conversation||9:00-11 am|
|Monday, October 2||Girls on the Green||3:30-5pm|
|Tuesday, October 10||Coffee and Conversation||9:00-11 am|
|Monday, October 23||Admission 101||6:30pm|
|Thursday, November 2||Coffee and Conversation||9:00-11 am|
|Sunday, November 19||Open House||12 pm-3:30 pm|
|Tuesday, January 24||Coffee and Conversation||9:00-11 am|