Be Known , Be Challenged, Be Transformed
Mercy High School Burlingame, a Catholic college prepartory high school for young women, inspires each student to discover herself, grow in faith and envision her future through challenging and motivating academic and co-curricular programs.
We encourage students to explore dreams, reach their potential and prepare for the challenges of the 21st century. Our single-gender, small school setting located on the San Francisco Peninsula offers the opportunity for personalized attention and the growth of the whole person - mind, body and spirit.
- Enrollment: 370 young women from the Bay Area, with the majority coming from San Mateo County
- 75% Roman Catholic
- More than 90% of the students participate in at least one extra-curricular activity
- In the Class of 2017, 89% matriculated to four year colleges; 11% matriculated to community colleges
- The Class of 2017 was awarded more than $9,000,000 in scholarships
- 18 Advanced Placement (AP) courses in English, Science, Math, Visual and Performing Arts, Social Studies, and World Languages, 17 Honors courses
- Academic program exceeds University of California entrance requirements
- Student:faculty ratio is 10:1 average class size is 18 students
- 4 full-time counselors
- Academic support program for students with diagnosed learning differences
Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Tuition and fees are updated annually on Mercy’s website
- Financial aid – Mercy is committed to providing a quality education for young women of all economic backgrounds; all financial aid awards are need based.
- Scholarships: Applicants who show significant strength in 7th and 8th grade and on the HSPT may be awarded an academic scholarship for 9th grade. The Alumnae Association also awards one scholarship to an incoming freshman who is the daughter of an alumna; this scholarship is renewable each of her four years provided she meets the required GPA.